There are many reasons why a bride might choose chocolate wedding favors for her reception. They’re typically very affordable, come in a wide variety of flavors, look beautiful and festive, and let’s face it, who doesn’t love chocolate?
But wanting to have chocolate wedding favors for your reception can leave you scratching your head as to what you should actually choose, and how chocolates can be presented at your reception in a beautiful and appropriate manner.
Choosing these favors will depend on many things, but probably your budget more than anything. There’s no limit to the amount of money you can spend on designer bonbons and truffles and other gourmet items, so it’s a good idea to have an actual budget in mind before you even begin shopping around.
You might also want to give some consideration to the theme and tone of your wedding and reception. Is it a very formal affair in an elegant banquet hall or a more casual party? If it’s formal and traditional, then typically you want chocolates that are just as elegant and indulgent. Most chocolate makers have packages that they make up just for weddings, usually a small collection of bonbons or truffles that comes in beautiful boxes. They may be decorated like little tuxedos and wedding gowns….More at Unique Chocolate Wedding Favors That Everyone Will Love | Bali …
Wedding favors are significant since they are the mini-memorabilia brought home by the guests to remember the event by. What’s so special about them is that they have the ability to tie the couples’ personality along with the theme of the wedding in one neat package ready to be taken home.
Chocolates are another thing – who doesn’t love chocolate? The idea of any scrumptious dessert topped with chocolate is divinely indulging. Their sweetness is known to be the language of love, popularly given to girlfriends, wives, family members and even dear friends. So isn’t it suiting to give chocolates out to those who celebrated love along with the bride and groom in a wedding?
have become a popular trend today and it seems like it is here to stay. From among the top 5 favorite wedding favors of all time, food has ranked first due to its practicality and its versatility.
Champagne Chocolate Truffles
These homemade wedding favors are infused with champagne but if you prefer not to use champagne use any flavored liqueur that you like, or more whipping cream.
To make the best chocolate wedding favors always choose the best imported chocolate.
To Make the Truffles You Will Need
185g (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chopped coarsely
¼ cup butter, cut into small pieces
3 tablespoons whipping cream
1 beaten egg yolk
3 tablespoons of champagne, or whipping cream or other liqueur
Unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
Icing Sugar (powdered sugar)
Melted white chocolate
Paper piping bag
Melon baller, ice-cream scoop or spoon
- Combine the chocolate, butter and 3 tablespoons of whipping cream into a heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat stirring constantly until the chocolate has melted.
- Gradually stir about half of the hot chocolate mix into the egg yolk, return the entire mixture to the saucepan.
- Return to low heat and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in champagne or cream.
- Transfer the mixture to a small bowl and chill until completely cool and smooth. Stir the mixture occasionally as it cools.
- Use an electric mixer set on medium speed, beat the cooled truffle mixture for about 1 minute (or more) so that the mixture becomes lighter and slightly fluffy.
- Chill the mixture again until it holds it shape.
- Make 2.5cm (1 inch) balls using the melon baller, ice-scream scoop or spoon.
- As you make the balls place them onto a baking sheet/tray which has been lined with wax paper. Refrigerate them again until they are firm.
- Roll the chilled balls into the cocoa powder or icing sugar or drizzle with melted white chocolate.
- The truffles can be made about 2 weeks before your wedding. Once made store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.